From time to time we come across links for other research or dissemination opportunities that we feel might benefit ESS members
Call for Book Proposals: New Series in Complex Social Systems
Vernon Press, a small independent publisher committed to excellence in scholarship, is inviting book proposals for a new series in Complex Social Systems. At this early stage the scope is necessarily broad and could accommodate formal approaches to the study of complexity from across the social sciences, including computational sociology, complexity economics and system dynamics. We would particularly welcome proposals for books that seek to introduce complex systems perspectives, approaches and methods to advanced postgraduates, professionals and new researchers to the field. We expect to launch the first titles in 2016 and maintain a publication schedule of 2-4 titles a year.
- Adaptive systems
- System dynamics and modelling
- Agent-based modelling, Microsimulation
- Novel data collection tools and methods
- Big Data, Content analysis
- Social network theory / analysis
- Complex networks, Network design
- Emergence, philosophy of complexity
- Policy implications of complexity
What we look for in a new book proposal
- The book should be the product of original research and scholarship. It may reflect an original idea or the application of an existing idea to a new setting. Alternatively, it may draw from and unite existing approaches into a comprehensive whole, resulting in a volume suitable for reference or student instruction.
- It should be in an area in which you are an expert in courtesy of extensive study, research and/or professional experience. It should be of a sufficiently high academic standard to stand the test of peer review.
- It should strive to make a contribution to the field, enlarge upon existing research, or fill a market niche. In all cases, it should be of interest to a sufficiently large community of researchers and practitioners to justify publication in book format.
Please send a short book proposal (5 pages maximum) or extended abstract to email@example.com. To speed up initial screening, you may include a sample chapter, the full list of references and a list of your other academic publications or a brief biographical note. If your proposal interests us we will proceed with peer review. For more information see www.vernonpress.com/publish
About the publisher
Vernon Press is an eclectic publisher with a small but growing cache of works in Economics and Sociology. We work closely with authors, academic associations, distributors and library information specialists to identify and develop high quality, high impact titles. Our recent launches include critically acclaimed works such as George Chorafakis’ “The Knowledge Plexus: A Systemic View on the Economic Geography of Technological Knowledge”and Jose L. Torres’ “Introduction to Dynamic Macroeconomic General Equilibrium Models”. We offer attractive terms to authors and strive to turn around manuscripts quickly with only the necessary intervention.